Human Resource Manager, Wolcott, Indiana
Who are we?
Egglife Foods is an innovative food company that uses cage-free eggs instead of flour to reimagine carb-heavy foods. The company was created in 2017, motivated by a desire to eat healthier without sacrificing taste. Two years and over 2000 recipes later, Egglife Foods was born. Our debut product, egglife® wraps are made with egg whites and just a few simple ingredients to deliver superior taste, texture and nutrition. They are The Perfect Wrap™ for consumers looking for a low-carb, high protein alternative to traditional tortillas.
Egglife Foods is experiencing tremendous growth and success. 2020 was our first full-year in market and nothing short of amazing including highlights such as:
- Category leader in healthy, refrigerated wraps with 60%+ share of category in Chicagoland launch market
- #1 new dairy item launched in CY20 across myriad of US grocers & #1 new item across all categories in major, national organic and health grocer
- Rocket ship growth from 157 to 2,000 locations in CY20 with commitments to be in 5,000+ by the end of Q1 CY21
- 2020 Gold Stevie Award winner for Best New Product
At Egglife Foods we believe that something big can come from simple and humble beginnings. Our mission is to inspire better living by transforming the future of food through the joyful simplicity and unexpected power of the egg. To learn more visit us at www.egglifefoods.com.
As the brand is growing, so is our team! EggLife Foods is looking for a Human Resources Manager to join the team, reporting to the Vice President of HR & External Affairs. This position will be primarily responsible for providing HR direction and support to employees at the Wolcott production facility. They will provide management with guidance on decisions affecting day to day employee management issues as well as long-term strategies to achieve positive business outcomes. They will be the sole Human Resource employee on-site to support all employee matters
Who are you?
- A self-starter who can take initiative and challenge the status quo
- A true business partner to support and partner with management on employee initiatives
- An approachable and trust-worthy HR Manager where all employees are comfortable addressing concerns/issues
- Comfortable with and able to change direction in a fast-paced environment
- A team-oriented individual with high integrity and strong work ethic
- A hands-on HR Manager who is visible and walks through the facility daily.
Essential job functions
Working with guidance and support from the VP, HR but with expected autonomy you will:
- Help define and foster Egglife’s culture through proper hiring, performance management, communication and employee relations.
- Evaluate employment trends to identify opportunities and develop recommendations for improvement and implement best practices and processes
- Respond to employee questions including company policies, attendance, payroll, schedules and all other HR matters
- Partner with Payroll on exceptions and questions for bi-weekly payroll
- Manage leave of absences, FMLA and workman’s comp
- Lead full-life cycle recruitment for hourly staff including job posting, screening, interviews, selection and offers
- Manage and facilitate internal job moves
- Manage new hire orientation and onboarding to ensure successful transition for new hires
- Develop strong relationships with employees at all levels.
- Manage external temporary agencies when there is a need for contract hourly employees.
- Assist with overall office responsibilities to include greeting visitors, health screens, event coordination, order office supplies and general office assistance when needed.
- 3-5+ years of Human Resource experience required
- 1+ years in a manufacturing environment required
- Strong fundamental understanding of HR practices and a passion for creating a positive, engaging and high performing culture
- Extensive knowledge of employment law and processes
- Highly collaborative with the ability to lead through influence
- High level of integrity, is approachable and trustworthy
- Self-starter and intellectually curious. Comfortable with ambiguity.
- Experience with HR systems highly preferred
- Experience working in start-up environments preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Egglife Foods is an equal employment opportunity employer. The company’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, or any other basis protected by law.
Apply for this role
At Egglife Foods, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect and inclusion. Equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, past or present military service, physical or mental disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of business need, job requirements, and individual qualifications.
Thank you for visiting our Careers page!